A Crochet Mom's Life

30-something year old MOM and WIFE who is OBSESSED with yarn & crocheting!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

pcitures & ?'s

this is the second hat i made...which is for a friend of mine's son:

this is the FIRST hat i ever made AND followed a pattern! (this is my daughter!)..I made and added the flower on. this is the "test" poncho i made for Heather...it turned out HUGE (put it away for later) and i used my not-so-good yarn on it.
this is another hat i made for my friends son:
this hat i made for my 8 month old son John:
Here is a picture of the my 3 children and my niece (from left to right is Haevyn my niece (4 yrs), Heather (2.5 yrs) who got into the stroller, My oldest son Zac (14.5 yrs) is holding my youngest son John (7 months) !)..I made the pumpkin hats the younger children are wearing AND the poncho heather is wearing i made as well :
So it looks like i figured out how to get all the pics on there! GO ME! heheheheheh
I REALLY want to learn how to crochet MITTENS but i am a bit leary of the whole "thumb" part. LOL...Does any one have a EAY pattern out there? Actually, when making mittens do you make the thumb seprate then attach it or can you do it all at once?
I have a few more ?'s actually:
yes, they may sound silly....
how do you tie off when your done?
&
when i change colors i knot the other color into the color i am finishing up on...i know..BAD BAD BAD but how does the yarn stay attached if it's loose like that? and weaving in loose ends? yikes...SCARY TO ME! hehehehehe
Anyone want to be my mentor? *lol*
ALSO if there is anyone in my area (Hamilton Mountain ontario CANADA) that KNOWS of a crocheting club or whatever..PLEASE let me know! i would be sooo interested in joining something like that.
Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger DAWN said...

Your hats are awesome and those pumpkin hats, oh my god! how cute are the kiddies in them. I've never made mittens, so I would be of no help to you there. Congrats on the picture placements. If you don't mind my asking, what pattern did you use for your daughters hat (very cute).
~ DAWN

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Very cute hats. My fav is the one with the flower on it.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Tara said...

I'm looking for a mitten pattern I have used, but they are pretty easy. I also knot when changing colors. I know, you'll be told that it's not real crocheting if you have to tie knots, but I don't see that in the rules anywhere. And if your projects are for kids, it makes more sense to knot. And the end hiding will come with practice. You get better and better at it the more you have to do it. I have a habit of using a lot of color changes, so I got real good at it, lol.
I'll get back to ya with the mitten pattern.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tara said...

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-mittens.html
That one is pretty easy, and has all the sizes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home