A Crochet Mom's Life

30-something year old MOM and WIFE who is OBSESSED with yarn & crocheting!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

in the past few days...

I have finshed 3 crochet items/things. LOL

For father's day i made paul GROMIT (minus the face because i didnt have the proper buttons and didnt want to se just any ol' buttons cus it's GROMIT!!!!)..Paul LOVED it even without a face (he's a brit so wallace & gromit is a fav). We also got him 2 Dvd's he wanted and a gazebo/sun shade that fella fter 2 days. We returned it and got a re-fund and he is using tha money for "man-building-supplies"..LMAO.





After i made Gromit heather wanted a stuffed toy so i let her pic from about 10 patterns and she picked....THIS:



the UGLY DUCKLIN'!!!! LOL.

After that was done i decided to try ONE more time on the shrug that goes with the tank-y top that i posted pics of. I figured it would go smootly because the top did..NOPE. I . WAS. WRONG.
I am the type of person who likes FULL instructions..word for word. This was a bit challenging for me. BEcause when someone says: "word 79 dc's evenly spaced around" i NEED to know EXACTLY where to put the buggers. So i tried it 3 times...didnt end up with 79 evenly spaced dc's so a friend of mine basically told me where to put them. GRRRRR. Me and numbers are NOT good. I HATE MATH..so iHATED figuring out where these stitches would go (it wasnt like they were in a straight line, it was in rounds. UGH.
So i finished the matching shrug to the top and i will NOT be making that shrug again!..too much of a hastle.





So i have been busy!

Now i have to make the CANADA DAY Top that a friend of mine designed for me! yahhhhhhh...
AND i have to make a top for my neiece for her b-day (the same one i made heather a post ago :)) Except my neice's is going to be PINK with blue trim & a size bigger!.

so yeah...enought from me...stuff to get started on!

p.s. What is up with trying to post pics on here...took me a good 30 MINS to TRY and get them on here then i had to upload them ONE by ONE and that didnt even work 1/2 the time.
This is VERY annoying.
Anyone know a better site this is? (THAT WORKS!?)

6 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Love the toy's you made... Love all your work you are so good.... I have no clue about another site.. I would do a search in your search bar.... If I should come across any I will let you know... The shrug looks great and I am like you I don't like it when the instructions are just so... I need them word for word... Have a good day....

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Brandy said...

Looking good. You did an awesome job.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

I wonder if posting pics on Blogger has something to do with the time of day. I do mine like after 9 pm at night and I rarely have problems. During the day I do sometimes tho or on the weekends in the early evening. Try getting up in the middle of the night...mmm, let's say 3 am and see how it goes! Love the outfits...you're awesome, girlfriend!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger kay said...

Nice Gromit! I also made one, and found much luck with buttons for eyes and nose at Len's Mill...I do believe they have one in your neck of the woods!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger naida said...

hi hun, cute toys! your crochet is beautiful. love it! added your blog to my favs.
naida

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger ax174 said...

Love the Grommit, even without a face! It'll be so sweet once it's finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home