A Crochet Mom's Life

30-something year old MOM and WIFE who is OBSESSED with yarn & crocheting!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

i did it..why do i feel so guilty?

i tried my hand at knitting.

I dont have fond memories of it actually. LOL.
When we would go visit my Nanny when i was young she would make me sit down on her old hard couch (the claw foot type) that was stiff and painful and make me knit. I dont know how many scarves i made but she never let me take them home. I think she wanted to show off my work. Which made me sad because as a child i wanted to take it home and wear it. I was between 4-5 when this ritual was deemed to me.

So yesterday i say down with some knitting needles (that i had picked up on sale) and a few learn to knits books (Stitch 'n Bitch THE KNITTER's HANDBOOK *library book* and a little booklet i picked up at the same time as the knitting needles, PATONS: NEXT STPENS ONE knitting guidebook) nad i started. It's amazing how it all came back to me once i cast on. I am making a thin scarf for heather. then i will try my hand at different stitches. (perl?) LOL.

I think i may be getting the stitch 'n bitch knitting books. (I borrowed both from the library) and i LOVE LOVE LOVE them just as much as my crochet one.

There are SOOOOOOOO many things i would LOVE to make from the knit stich 'n bitch...but i think i must have a bit more experience in understanding the terms befor i attempt ANYTHING! LMAO.

I am also interested in embroidery now too! hehehehe...
I do beleieve i will put some of that sort of stuff on my x-mas list as per paul's request. :)

My sewing machine is now fixed. yeahhhhhhhhhh it had a broken needle what was somehow wedged inside the guts of the machine. My FIL fixed it and it's sitting at thier house waiting to be picked up.
I got my beleoved sewing machine when i was 15. I usted to make summer outfits for zac. *laughing*. oh what fun!
I want to get back into making clothes for the kids :)
arn't i just the crafty person? *laughing*
with what time i will be doing this....i have NO IDEA!.

It's fun to be crafty....non?

5 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

There are alot of video tutorials on the web also for stitches you aren't familiar with and they are pretty good...just "google" knitting videos or knitting tutorials. Sometimes if you even just google the stitch you are having trouble with, you can find it that way. That's what I did....good luck....post pics!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

knittinghelp.com is a great site for showing everything you need to know about knitting.. She has awesome videos too. Cant wait to see what you come up with!! Good Luck!!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Allena said...

lol embrace the dark side!
about knitting dot com is a great site with videos to watch. that's a bummer that you weren't able to take the scarves you made they would be cool to see now...
have fun with all your new ventures.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Court said...

That is so cool you are that crafty!! It is nice to have more than one trick up your sleeve.. Have a good day..

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sue said...

oui!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home